Quick Change Metal Polishing Discs: Roloc Type
Applications: These discs can produce fine polished finishes on metal. The felt disc can also be used on wood and fillers. The unitised discs are made of re-processed non-woven abrasive to give gentle pre-polishing action. Use the grade 5 after approx 240 or 320 grade sanding discs to quickly produce a bright finish which can then be polished upto a mirror finish with the felt discs and suitable polishing compound. Grade 5 will also remove light coatings, tarnishing and light surface scuffing and scratches. Grade 7 is more aggressive and will remove grind marks and medium shallow scratches as well a light corrosion and coatings. For best results when fine polishing, use at lower speeds.
- Twist button mounted, compatible with Roloc and Lockit.
- 50mm or 75mm options (Tip: Use unitised 75mm discs on 50mm holder to give a usable edge for detailed polishing.)
- Unitised grade 5 (fine), or 7 (medium).
- 6mm thickness on both unitised and felt discs.
- Max speeds: 50mm: 18,000rpm. 75mm: 12,000rpm (For best results when fine polishing, suggested speed 6,000rpm or slower.)
(Roloc and Lockit are trademarks of 3M Corp and Cibo Abrasives respectively.)